Friday, May 30, 2008

My First Half-Marathon



Thank you to everyone who donated to my cause this year, the Huntsman Cancer Institute. My team raised $2,483!!! That put my team 10th place overall in fund raising. My team also placed 4th overall in fund raising per team member. So, thank you again!
The race was fantastic. The weather was beautiful...a little chilly at the start but sunny and breezy the rest of the morning. This was my first half marathon ever. Thanks to my training and experience, I now realize that I will never run a full marathon. I don't know how those people do it. Anyway, I ran it and finished in 2 hours 41 minutes. Not bad for a first timer. The first marathoner passed me at 2 hours 5 minutes or so with a few miles to go. Amazing! Rachel and Grandma came to the race as well as Uncle John, Steven, and others from the family. What an experience!



The pictures here are of me nearing the finish line and with my professor who joined my team this year. He did the full marathon (he's done 43 full marathons now!). All for a good cause, too. So, look out for me next year!!! I'll be doing it again & looking to double what we raised this year!

No comments: